Y7 trip to Wakehurst Place
- My favourite organism was a water mite because it is very small and looks see through: Seth 7M
- We went to Wakehurst Place to study reed beds and rivers, looking for different aquatic invertebrates from miniscule water mites to large caddis fly larvae: Tommy 7D
- One of my favourite parts of the trip was seeing the different ways that each organism swam. My favourite was the Greater Water Boatman because it swam like it was relaxing in a pool: Jasper 7D
- It was really cool to see how the creatures moved and actually how detailed their bodies are: Jimmy 7D
- By using nets we fished out small water invertebrates. My group caught the biggest caddisfly larvae our Wakehurst guide had seen: Ella 7D
- I learnt that the conditions of the water like temperature, water clarity, pH and depth can all affect the way creatures live: Elodie 7D
12 July 2018
On Monday we got onto the minibus and set out on a 4-hour drive to Rockley Watersports Activity Centre.
10 July 2018
On Saturday 30 June six Y5 Goblin drivers and five Y7/8 F24 drivers raced their respective cars at the iconic Dunton Technical Centre. The F24 car raced on the banked high speed test track and the Goblins used the manager’s car park.
09 July 2018
A very early start saw Abi, Rufus and Sam head off to RAF Wittering with Mr Izzard and Mr Mansfield.
06 July 2018
At 5.30am on Wednesday 27th June, 4 eager children and 2 tired teachers, set off for RAF Cosford for the national ‘Fly to the Line’ competition.
14 May 2016
Y3 visit the Science lab for a lesson with Mr Mansfield.
09 May 2016
On Thursday 5th May, the Art Extension groups went to Tonbridge School for a ceramics trip with Mrs Moore and the ceramicist-in-residence Lydia Hardwick.
05 May 2016
Year 7 visited Canterbury Cathedral on Tuesday as part of their History studies.
22 March 2016
1st team come third in the IAPS 7s tournament held at Oundle School.