Y7 trip to Wakehurst Place
- My favourite organism was a water mite because it is very small and looks see through: Seth 7M
- We went to Wakehurst Place to study reed beds and rivers, looking for different aquatic invertebrates from miniscule water mites to large caddis fly larvae: Tommy 7D
- One of my favourite parts of the trip was seeing the different ways that each organism swam. My favourite was the Greater Water Boatman because it swam like it was relaxing in a pool: Jasper 7D
- It was really cool to see how the creatures moved and actually how detailed their bodies are: Jimmy 7D
- By using nets we fished out small water invertebrates. My group caught the biggest caddisfly larvae our Wakehurst guide had seen: Ella 7D
- I learnt that the conditions of the water like temperature, water clarity, pH and depth can all affect the way creatures live: Elodie 7D
14 November 2019
On Thursday, 9 November Year 7 went on an Art trip to the Towner Gallery in Eastbourne. After a bus journey to Eastbourne College we had a delicious lunch in their canteen. We then walked a short distance to the Towner Gallery which is located right next to the College. It wasn’t hard to miss as there was an amazing mural painted on the side of the building, in all sorts of shapes and colours, celebrating the Towner’s 10th Anniversary.
11 November 2019
During the half-term break 45 Rose Hill School pupils and staff travelled to Eindhoven in Holland as part of the school’s Sports tour. During the trip the boys were lucky enough to train with Dutch Giants PSV Eindhoven, whilst the girls trained with the Dutch National Hockey Champions Oranje-Rood.
08 November 2019
Rose Hill School pupils were celebrating yesterday following a very successful year of 11+ results with nearly 90% of children passing the Kent Test. The pass rate has risen from 72% in 2018 to 88% in 2019 a significant increase under the new leadership of Head, Emma Neville and Deputy Head, Philippa Lang-Daly.
08 November 2019
Rose Hill School launched their HSBC SchoolBank in September 2018.
14 May 2016
Y3 visit the Science lab for a lesson with Mr Mansfield.
09 May 2016
On Thursday 5th May, the Art Extension groups went to Tonbridge School for a ceramics trip with Mrs Moore and the ceramicist-in-residence Lydia Hardwick.
05 May 2016
Year 7 visited Canterbury Cathedral on Tuesday as part of their History studies.
22 March 2016
1st team come third in the IAPS 7s tournament held at Oundle School.