Y7 trip to Wakehurst Place
- My favourite organism was a water mite because it is very small and looks see through: Seth 7M
- We went to Wakehurst Place to study reed beds and rivers, looking for different aquatic invertebrates from miniscule water mites to large caddis fly larvae: Tommy 7D
- One of my favourite parts of the trip was seeing the different ways that each organism swam. My favourite was the Greater Water Boatman because it swam like it was relaxing in a pool: Jasper 7D
- It was really cool to see how the creatures moved and actually how detailed their bodies are: Jimmy 7D
- By using nets we fished out small water invertebrates. My group caught the biggest caddisfly larvae our Wakehurst guide had seen: Ella 7D
- I learnt that the conditions of the water like temperature, water clarity, pH and depth can all affect the way creatures live: Elodie 7D
14 May 2021
Our third Focus Day was another inspiring and exciting experience for our Prep School pupils.
13 May 2021
Pupils at Rose Hill School gathered together last Friday to bury a time capsule marking the end of what has been an extraordinary year. The capsule included items from all pupils reflecting on both the positive and negative experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent lockdown. The time capsule was part of Wellness Week, an annual event in the school calendar.
05 May 2021
Science Week caused a flap of ‘eggcitement’ across Rose Hill School last week where the whole school looked at life cycles. The children welcomed two sets of chick eggs into the school and children enjoyed witnessing the miraculous journey from lifeless egg to cheeky chick.
17 November 2020
Box Hill was the location for Year 4's focus day in geography.
14 May 2016
Y3 visit the Science lab for a lesson with Mr Mansfield.
09 May 2016
On Thursday 5th May, the Art Extension groups went to Tonbridge School for a ceramics trip with Mrs Moore and the ceramicist-in-residence Lydia Hardwick.
05 May 2016
Year 7 visited Canterbury Cathedral on Tuesday as part of their History studies.
22 March 2016
1st team come third in the IAPS 7s tournament held at Oundle School.