Rose Hill School Focus Day
Our first Focus Day of the year was a great success! Prep School pupils were immersed in learning for a day about a particular topic , acquiring and applying knowledge. The four Key Strands of Enterprise, Adventure, Enquiry and Philanthropy were woven into every child’s experience through outdoor learning, risk taking, creativity, investigation, collaboration, curiosity, presentation, global awareness and communication to name a few!
- Year 3 – English – woodland poetry day
- Year 4 - Religious Studies, focus on Diwali - cookery, dancing, art and drama using wooden masks
- Year 5 – Art and DT, focus on charcoal - the history of charcoal, making charcoal burners, using charcoal in drawing and bark rubbing
- Year 6 – History, focus on the Victorians - making Victorian tiles using tessellation, playing Victorian games such as hopscotch, Christmas cards and paper chains, and a Victorian school experience
- Year 7 & 8 – Science focus on the lungs - lung capacity experiments, dissection, history of surgery and anatomy art
17 November 2020
Box Hill was the location for Year 4's focus day in geography.
16 October 2020
With a good degree of yaw and pitch STEAM week got off to a flying start.
25 September 2020
Years 7 & 8 took full advantage of being outside in the sunshine on Monday with a day of team building activities.
09 September 2020
Rose Hill School has this September launched their new curriculum, Curriculum 2020. The new framework has been designed over the last 18 months using feedback from universities and the employment sector, international trends in education, a breadth of educational research findings and consultation with local senior schools.
13 March 2020
On Wednesday 11 March the Reception children went on a visit to the nature trail at Coolings Garden Centre in Knockholt. There was great excitement, even before we boarded the minibus in our salopettes, coats and wellies.
12 March 2020
Whilst the heavy rain did make the trip via Alfriston village a little tricky it also served to highlight the spectacular meanders and creeks of the River Cuckmere’s floodplain in the Spring sunshine and allow the ‘New Cut’ to be in full spate and speed along to the sea at low tide. As it did so the fast-flowing water actively undercut and eroded the shingle beach causing mini land or ‘shingle’ slides before our very eyes.
26 February 2020
The Art Department is delighted to congratulate Henry on receiving an Art Scholarship to Tonbridge School.
24 February 2020
Robert Baden-Powell would have turned 163 on 22 February this year and Rose Hill School pupils celebrate his birthday every year.