Rose Hill is a charitable trust run by a Board of Governors. It was founded in 1832 and was located by the Lower Common in Tunbridge Wells until 1966. The school then moved into its present, purpose-built premises on what was originally Culverden Golf Course.
In 1984 boarding ceased and co-education was introduced. The nineties saw an expansion in the size of the school and there are now just over 300 pupils. There has been progressive improvement to the facilities as follows:
1998 Sports Hall - provides excellent indoor facilities for PE, team sports, cricket nets and is used after school for the clubs and activities programme
2001 New kitchen and dining room - Rose Hill has an excellent reputation for good, healthy food!
2003 Lower School Building and Library - purpose built school library, changing rooms and classrooms for Years 3 to 5.
2007 Creative Arts Centre and Theatre - a strong emphasis is also placed on the creative side of a child's education including: Art, Drama, Music and Design Technology.
2010 Astro Turf - opened by Ashley Jackson, Great Britain and England Hockey International and former Rose Hill pupil. The school has a strong tradition of hockey, which has seen both U11 and U13 teams reaching the National Finals in recent years.
2013 Upper School Building - an academic centre with purpose built classrooms for Years 6 to 8, new Learning Skills Classrooms and ICT suites, a Science Lab and a new Medical Centre.